So this chili is by far my favorite “heathy” chili I have ever had. It is so filling and the taste is really amazing.
For anyone making it the taste is ever better the next day. I love making this when the weather gets cooler. And the point value/calories is super low.
When I was on Weight Watchers there was a lot of confusion over how many points this was because of all the fiber, etc. Well the good news since I am tracking only calories now on MyFitnessPal.com it is cut and dry. No confusion.
One cup of this delicious chili is only 164 calories! This chili was always a staple for me whenever I would re-start the WW program because it was low points and delicious.
I’m looking forward to having it again for dinner one night this week and for lunch at work. This recipe makes 15 one cup servings so you will be up to your elbows in chili…hah! Enjoy!
I received this recipe from my Weight Watchers meeting in 2007.
WW “Best Ever Chili” Recipe
- 1 lb of 93% lean ground beef (I used Shady Brook Farms 93/7 Ground Turkey- 20 oz.)
- 1 can Kidney Beans (I don’t like Kidney Beans so I used Black Beans)
- 1 can Pinto Beans
- 1 can corn
- 1- 4 ounce can chopped green chilies (I used the diced tomatoes that have the green chilies already in there)
- 1 can fat free refried beans (I prefer Taco Bell brand)
- 1 15 ounce can chopped (diced) tomatoes
- 1 16 ounce can (or 2 – 8 ounce cans) of tomato sauce
- 1 large onion
- 1 cup water
- 1 package taco seasoning (I prefer Taco Bell brand)
- 1 package Hidden Valley Ranch Original DRESSING mix (NOT buttermilk one)
Chop onion and brown ground beef. Add the rest of the ingredients (DO NOT drain anything.)
Bring to a boil over medium heat and then simmer for 15 minutes. (I browned the ground been and cooked the onion and then put everything in my slow cooker. Cooked on high for 4 hours. Can do low if you have all day.)
I serve this with baked scoops to scoop up the yummy goodness and sprinkle some cheese on the chili and put a dollop of sour cream on top. Perfect meal on a chilly night!
Chili never looks that appetizing in pics but trust me it was really yummy!